Thursday, July 30, 2009

up for air

The travels have not ended. But as the black man slumbers, I have found enough repose to claw my way to the Internetting place to offer a quick glimpse of what the past few weeks have been like:
We stumbled into the morning from the rented apartment like vampires being crushed by sunlight. As we made our way to the building's exit, Luis the doorman/launderer motioned me over.
"Some tenants complained that last night there was a lot of noise and yelling and that there was a transvestite screaming to get in and causing lots of problems," said Luis nervously.
"Yeah, sorry about that," I told him in Portuguese. "We had a small problem last night. It won't happen again. Tranquilo?"
Luis smiled, shook my hand and asked if he could go collect and wash our linens.

1 comment:

  1. i hate it when there's transvestite screaming in the middle of the night. there's jsust nothing worse... poor Luis.

    ReplyDelete